4/05/11

One stamp...2 cards....and a winner!

So I have this gorgeous DeNami Leafy Vine Wreath stamp that I haven't used yet!  I have to be honest and say that it was kind of intimidating!  I have seen some gorgeous cards with this but didn't know how to pull that off myself!  So I just dove right in and stamped a couple wreaths and got to work!  I have 2 cards today for you...same layout...basically the same card...different colors!

Here is card #1...

IMG_0726

This one is kinda springy, mabye wedding-y, Eastery etc...I love these soft colors and usually don't pull these out but I actually made this card first!  I am not sure you can see but the wreath is full of little pearls!  And let me tell you how easy this was to color!  Super simple quick card!

And then there is card #2...

IMG_0735_edited-1

You know I had to throw some red in the mix!  If I would have had a little Christmas sentiment this would be the perfect Christmas card!  I added some glitterly pearls and then some red rhinestones too!  So glad I tackled this stamp!  I would have to say it makes a really pretty fast card!  You can find this wreath HERE

Just a quick reminder to play along with the DeNami Theme Challenge!  You can find more info about that HERE!  Three lucky winners will get a DeNami Gift Certificate!  Don't miss out!!

And one more bit of stamping business today....I recently held a card challenge on my blog and I was so excited to have some super talented ladies play along with me!  (I tried to figure out the random number generator and how to post the picture of the winning number but that was a no go!  Couldn't figure it out!)  SO, the lucky # was 7. Laura Bassen!  Congrats Laura! Email me at ll_willison@yahoo.com so I can get your prize to you!

Thanks to everyone for playing along!  I had some requests to do this again and so I just might have to do another Card Aisle Inspiration Challenge soon!

Have a great day!



22 comments:

  1. Ooooh Laurie, these are fabulous! I love the colours and the pearl accents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cool how the diffrent colors give the cards totally different feels. I love the sheer ribbon with this image. Everything looks so soft and delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...that little bit of coloring on each one is wonderful. Great way to showcase two totally different style cards with the same stamp...love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful - I personally like the second one best because I like red but very nice job on both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty that is such a nice stamp. I love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are cute and I do agree the second one could be a Christmas card with a different sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful ........ and reminds me of why when I like a pair of shoes I must have them in every color ....... right you like this stamp and used it with different colors just like needing shoes :) The bow is fab-a-licious!! Always perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laurie, these are both SO gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally gorgeous card Laurie! I love both of these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous and I am especially drawn to the soft colors of the first one! Congrats to Laura on winning your very fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laurie, my mouth dropped with I see these cards- especially that first one! I am in LOVE with the pretty pastel colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love these classy little cards! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are beautiful, Laurie! Love all the bling and shinyness!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are both beautiful! I love how changing the colors, changed the "feel" of the card so much! I really like the background stamping too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are both so gorgeous!
    I love the way you used them with the different colors...and the bling!:)
    I can't tell intimidation was going on here...
    you made them look naturally as beautiful as all your others!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Laurie - these cards are so pretty!!! LOve teh use of teh wreath and how different they look with the different color schemes! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Also meant to say that I was sorry I couldn't play along with your last challenge but I hope to play along with the next!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your wreath cards - perfect for different occasions! The organza bows are adorable.
    I wish I'd had time to make a Card Aisle Challenge card. I totally ran out of time, even though I found a perfect card!! I will have to make sure I do it for your next challenge ;)
    Hugs, Ruth S

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that you took out the wreath. You did an awesome job showcasing them! Absolutely GORGOUES!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, great job with both cards Laurie! I really love the second one with the red accents - gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You crack me up. I can't believe you were intimidated by this stamp. Sure doesn't show - both cards are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are both beautiful cards. You know what I like best? Your background stamping....so subtle but very effective!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS