3/14/14

Personalized Coin Purses and Possibilites...

Hey there!  I am back with another day of release fun over at Papertrey Ink.  Today's group post is all about the adorable new Coin Purse and Coin Purse pockets dies.  I made up a fun little coin purse for my 9 year old.  I think she is going to love it!

I pulled out some Harvest Gold, Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shore and Simply Chartreuse Felts and got  to work.
ETA: I thought this was Lemon Tart Felt but I was mistaken.  It is actually Harvest Gold.  Sorry about that!  

IMG_1392_edited-1

I personalized this coin purse by using the die a little different than intended.  I wanted it to have all 4 round corners, so I cut the felt like this....


I just flipped it around and washi taped it down to make a different edge.  The holes lined up perfectly  and it was super easy.  Another fun die that comes included is a slotted die, so you can add your own zipper.  I have to be honest....I panicked slightly but when I saw how easy it was, I had to give it a shot.  And it was EASY!  It works best if you can find a 4" zipper to fit right in place, but I couldn't find one.  I got a 7" zipper and then measured how much I would need.  I took my sewing machine and ran a straight stitch back and forth over the zipper, to make a zipper stop.  It's so easy

IMG_1381_edited-1

I added in the pocket on the front, after stitching some felt flowers down.  Again?  Easy!  Love how these dies work!

Next, I made a matching tag....

IMG_1379_edited-1

I used the new Tag Sale #10 with this adorable little embossed frame.  The "to and from" stamp, came from the Tiny Treats: Valentines set.   I added in another felt flower so they would coordinate for a gift.  

IMG_1390_edited-1

And last, I packaged it up in a glassine bag and finished it off with the tag....

IMG_1389_edited-1

These dies are so fun for making coin purses, but have lots of fun possibilities for cards too.  I used the full coin purse die to make this little card.  I decorated the front using the arrow die from Monthly Moments: March and then some flowers from the adorable new set called, Just Smile.  

IMG_1387_edited-1

I've seen some of the other coin purses and they are amazing!  Here is a list of all the girls, so you can stop and visit...


Thank you SO much for all of your amazing comments yesterday!  Each one meant so much!  

Thanks for stopping in again today!  Stop by tomorrow to see all my release projects!  :)



Supply List:

Coin Purse

Harvest Gold, Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shore and Simply Chartreuse Felts
Coin Purse Dies and Coin Purse Pocket Dies
Coordinating Embroidery Floss

Smile

Stamps: PTI Just Smile
Paper: PTI Pure Poppy, Stampers Select White, Vellum
Ink: Versamark, Pure Poppy, Simply Chartreuse, Lemon Tart, Berry Sorbet and Plum Pudding
Dies: Monthy Moments: March arrow, Just Smile dies

31 comments:

  1. Oh my what a sweet and sunny coin purse! I love it! The sweet tag is perfect with it and the card is fun with the vellum arrow flags and flowers! Gorgeous projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, totally rockin' it. I absolutely adore that coin purse!!! Love the tag and the red card...amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the four rounded corners on your coin purse, Laurie. What a good idea. Thanks for the tip. Your gift wrap looks so pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh love, love that little coin purse and the tag is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I love the little folded card too. That makes the die more versatile - a big plus in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way cute Laurie! I love how you rounded the corners and the little
    Floral embellishment is sweet as can be! Speaking of sweet, the little tag and card are absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card made with the bright color cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! I love your colors, everything just looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are rockin' the new release goodies, my friend :) Love that little purse and the tag and what a great card. Fabulous work as always ((hugs))!! BTW, think my son and I will be going to see Divergent in the next few days - meep!! I'll let you know what I think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing. Love your colors and how you rounded the edges. Love the card. Who would have thought that it could make a card

    ReplyDelete
  11. That coin purse is adorable!! Love, love, love! Your tag and card are so beautiful too, Laurie! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. super cool, Laurie!
    I love your card, too!
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your style absolutely takes my breath away. Love the simplicity and clean lines with deliberate attention to detail. I'm so happy yu joined this design team.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful work! And really love the matching tag too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Squeal...so sweet!!! Love the little blooms you added Laurie. I think I would freak out over a zipper too, but this I think I could do. Cute card idea using the die!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning post, Luarie - your coin purse is absolutely DElightFUL~love the "Cross" stitches at the top, so unexpected :)

    Fabulous work :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute! Love how you made all the corners rounded.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, your coin purse is ADORABLE! LOVE.IT. And your tag and card are just as ADORABLE! SO sweet, Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute Laurie! Love the little envie on one side. Just darling. What a great release! Congrats to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome projects, Laurie! Love how you showed different options and ways to use these new dies! Looks like lots of fun and the results are totally adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, Laurie, these all look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE this die and your soft sweet yellow is adorable!!
    Love everything about this release!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your purse! Adorable tag too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are SO clever! Love this, and I know that your DD will squeal with delight! Beautiful set, Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the rounded corners & your card is sooo awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This turned out so adorable!! I love the colors you used!! I also love how it looks on a card!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cuteness!! Love it all--the coin purse, the matching tag, and the packaging, too. Plus you chose the sweetest colors!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is absolutely gorgeous!!! Wow! Love the idea, shape, colours! So fresh :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOW! Your coin purse is so darling, and I love your tag and card! Such a great choice with all those pretty feminine colors, too! Looks like you're going to enjoy these new goodies!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS