9/26/16

MFT Creative Construction...

Our Creative Construction with Blueprints Challenge for My Favorite Things this month was to think outside the box....

Squares and rectangles are pleasing to the eye and lend an orderly feel to your cards but unexpected shapes add energy and excitement! From angled panels and wonky shapes to curves, waves, and special forms – Blueprints provides the perfect solution to any design dilemma. Check out how our designers featured these unique elements in this month’s Creative Construction with Blueprints challenge.

I used Blueprints 22 to make a fun panel, along with the new Hello sentiment die.  I saw a recent video HERE, and was inspired to create a window sentiment card....

Print

First, I did some ink blending on white cardstock and hit it with some water droplets.  Next, I cut out the large stitched panel in Blueprints 22.  I also used the new Hello die on the front of the card.  I lined up the top of the card with the card base and cut out the second hello.  To anchor the center of the "o", I added some clear acetate to the card base.  

IMG_3716

I finished the card with some washi and 3 black dots...

Here is a shot of the inside of the card.  

IMG_3718

Head on over to the MFT blog to see what the rest of the team has created for today.  Thanks so much for stopping in!

Laurie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Supply List:

 

   
   

5 comments:

  1. Pretty ink blending, this is fabulous Laurie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! I love how you played with this Blueprints die and your ink blending is beautiful, Laurie! I was considering the Hello die, and after seeing your card, it's on my wishlist...Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Laurie! You always come up with such cool ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card, Laurie! I love the colors and the water droplets adds some depth! You had a good solution for the center of the "O." The addition of the black and white washi tape and the black enamel drops makes it pop. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS