9/03/16

MFT Day 3...

Welcome to Day 3 of sneaks for My Favorite Things August release.  I have a new die to share today called the Big Hello Die.

Print

I did a watercolor wash for the background and cut the "hello" out of the center.  I matted the watercolor paper with a thin frame of black card stock.  I attached that to the the Grape Jelly card base.  

IMG_3646

Next, I cut the "hello" out of the black fun foam and put the watercolor die cut letters on top.  I added those back on to the card front in the negative space so you can see the black fun foam peaking out from behind.  

IMG_3648

Last, I added some rain stones to finish the card off.  You can see lots more of the Big Hello Die, along with all the other sneaks lined up for today's peaks.  Head on over to the MFT Blog to see more!  Thanks so much for coming by today!

Laurie

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely love the colors of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty water color card and word

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning. The background is soft but incredibly vibrant, and the hint of black fun foam under the letters gives structure and impact. Fabulous! Thanks for sharing! Esther

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurie! This card is STUNNING! Amazing watercolors! Such a HAPPY card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laurie! This card is STUNNING! Amazing watercolors! Such a HAPPY card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning background and a fabulous inspiration for using the hello die.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rainbows rule to give a bright hello!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful watercoloring on your background, and I love how you placed the black fun foam to peek out from behind the alphas! Such a creative card, Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! I love how you used the black foam and cardstock to highlight the word hello! And gorgeous background! Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous blending of colors. I need to take lessons from you ;) I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your watercolor wash background. Great color combination. I also like that you used the black foam under the top layer of more watercolor wash background letters. Not only does it give some depth to your card but helps differentiate the background from the sentiment. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS